The Ultimate Guide To Create An Online Store
The current pandemic situation has all businesses feeling the pain to varying degrees. In this article, we will share with you the ultimate guide to create an online store that you can use to transform your brick and mortar business or bring in some additional income by selling products online.
- Platform – The first step is to visit an e-commerce builder like Shopify or Wix Store to create your online store. Here, you’ll add the store name, which will become the domain name or URL that customers will use to visit your online store, browse products, and place orders.
- Website Design – You want consistency between your company branding and online presence, so it is important to choose a website design that suits your brand. Themes are helpful to get you started quickly, you can always customize the design later.
- Create Pages – The faster you make your online store available, the sooner customers will be able to continue purchasing your products. Focus on the basics, like the Homepage, Shipping FAQs, Returns Policy, Contact page, and Shop pages.
- Add your products – Adding your products can take some time if you have a large catalog, but there are ways to quickly get started like bulk product uploading that is available on most builders. The main things you need to add a product are Name, Description, Product Image, Price, Category, and Weight.
- Set up shipping – To begin shipping products, you’ll need to add an origin address and package types. Shipping rates vary between the countries and regions (zones) you ship to. Online store builders let you charge different rates to customers depending on which zone they’re in.
- Set up payments – There are a few things to consider when you’re choosing which payment methods to offer online. If you want to let your customers pay using a credit card, then you can use built-in payment options like Shopify Payments or a third-party provider. There are also several ways for customers to pay online without using a credit card, like PayPal, Amazon Pay, and Apple Pay.
Whether you already own a store and you’re looking to expand online, or you’re taking your first steps into the world of e-commerce, this guide will walk you through how to build an online store from start to finish.
Need expert guidance in starting your e-commerce business? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and get a free consultation with one of our web design and marketing experts.