Private Establishments To Require Only Certified True Copy Of The Pre-employment Documents From First Time Jobseekers
DOLE Advisory: Labor Advisory Enjoining Private Establishments To Require Only Certified True Copy Of The Pre-employment Documents From The First Time Jobseekers
First-Time Jobseekers Act or Republic Act No. 11261 states that the concerned government agencies shall issue the pre-employment requirements to first-time job seekers free of charge, limited to one copy and one-time use.
“Considering that the privilege granted under this Act is limited to one copy and one-time availment, private establishments are hereby enjoined to accept certified true copy from the issuing government authority of the pre-employment documents of the FTJ during the application process. The submission of original pre-employment requirements shall be required once the First Time Jobseeker is offered the job.” the advisory read.
Among the government transactions covered by the FTJ Act are the following:
- Barangay Certification and Clearance
- Police Clearance
- NBI Clearance
- Civil Service Commission Certificate of Eligibility
- PhilHealth ID
- Philippine Overseas Employment Agency Certificates
- Mayor’s Clearance
- Prosecutor’s Clearance
- Municipal and regional trial court’s clearances
- MARINA Certificates
- TESDA National Certificate
- TESDA’s Competency Assessment Certificate
- Medical certificate from public hospitals except for laboratory tests and other medical procedures that are required in the grant of a medical certificate, birth and marriage certificates, transcript of academic records, certificate of graduation/completion, and/or diploma issued by state and local universities and colleges, and taxpayer’s identification number.
The Department of Labor and Employment together with partner agencies issued its Implementing Rules and Regulations became effective last year, October 25, 2019.