Systems and Software Architect (PH)
This role is a software architecture and technical leadership position. The objective of the role is to describe, define or propose the technical scope, structure and behaviour of software solutions from business requirements and product development. Together with project teams, ensure that all technical requirements are articulated and grasped all throughout the software development life cycle.
- Analyze business requirements or product development artifacts and convert those to scope and technical requirements.
- Document SoW(scope-of-work)and software / systems architecture
- Ensure that technical challenges are understood by the project team and technical debts are kept to the minimum
- Define and set software development best practices
- Perform and evangelize code reviews
- Design database deployments and how they operate in production
- Design application deployments to various environments (development, staging, production)
- Design highly available and highly scalable systems
- Clearly articulate pros and cons of various technologies and platforms
- Document use cases, solutions and recommendations
- Help program and project managers in the design, planning and governance of implementing projects of any kind
- Directly responsible individual for all backend systems he or she is part of
- Key person to define training requirements across the company. Help, coach and mentor other technical team members.
- Communicate directly to clients and business analysts frequently to help them come up with high quality requirements and manage expectations.
- Lead the adoption of company-wide technology strategy thru proactive communication.
- Provide consulting in areas of expertise and can work hands-on when necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Know how to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences such as senior executives from within the company and our clients
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Team work, especially with highly diversified disciplines
- Start-up mindset – consistent, inquisitive, innovation-driven and go-getter
- 5-10 years of related working experience is desirable.
- Solid programming skills using 2 or more of the following
- .NET (C#) and ASP.net MVC
- Ruby and RoR
- Android (Kotlin / Java)
- iOS (Swift / Objective-C)
- Python (good-to-have)
- Excellent skills in designing or operating database deployments using 2 or more of the following RDBMS and NoSQL database and storage technologies.
- MS SQL 2012 and up
- MySQL 5.x and up
- PostgreSQL 9.x and up
- MongoDB (good-to-have)
- Redis (good-to-have)
- RabbitMQ (good-to-have)
- Experience with AWS or other cloud and hosting providers and related technologies will be necessary.
- Solid experience with Git, TFS or SVN and associated SCM principles
- Familiar with JIRA (or similar tools), Docker, Jenkins (or other CI/CD tools) and other DevOps technologies and practices
- Can design highly available, scalable systems
- Understands that automation, configuration and change management
- Able to work in a fast-paced agile software development environment.
- Cybersecurity and networking skills is highly preferred but not a must
- BS or MS in Computer Science, IT and/or equivalent relevant skills or professional experience
Please submit your resume using the form below for immediate consideration.