RPG Programmer (PH)
We are looking for an experienced RPG Programmer with the ability to understand high-level technical specifications and convert them into RPG code. They are also responsible for implementing, maintaining and enhancing systems.
As an RPG programmer, you will also be responsible for providing IT support services to our client’s activities and also responsible for assisting in training services to end users.
Compensation is very competitive with the opportunity to gain other IT skills.
- Write functional and technical specifications from client requirements
- Design, develop, test and maintain RPG-based reports and applications
- Enhance existing RPG reports and applications
- Performs quality review of deliverables before delivery
- Attend to reported problem and solve the problem immediately
- Documentation for new and existing systems
- Coordinate with the client; travel to the US may be needed
- Training leading to other IT capabilities other than RPG
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, IT, Computer Engineering and Sciences or equivalent professional experience
- More than two (2) years experience in RPG
- Knowledge of RPG/RPGLE and can comfortably write Basic Syntax Language Constructs RPG/RPGL
- Work experience in coding RPGLE/RPG/CL/CLLE/Free format (be ready to expound experience)
- Can code in 1 or more of available dialects such as RPG, RPG II, RPG III, RPG 400, RPG IV, RPG/ILE, RPG/Free, Baby/36, Baby/400. The more the better.
- Background in environments like AS/400 or IBM i-
- Proficiency in using SQL
- Experience and appreciates the value of QA and testing. Certified AS400 tester a plus.
- Proficient in using MS office tools
- Knowledge in Socket programming a plus
- Preferably with banking system experience
- Eager to diversify technical capability outside RPG
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Willing to work in Ortigas Pasig City and to travel to the US when needed
- Highly technical, highly dedicated, detail oriented and well organized
- Team player
Please submit your resume using the form below for immediate consideration.